User Manual V1.0
Thank You for Choosing Orange
Ever since the founding of the company in 1968, Orange has been a pioneering force in the guitar amplification industry. Today, with a team of the world’s finest amplifier engineers, Orange continues to push back the boundaries of conventional amplifier design.
Our commitment to craftsmanship and quality control has allowed our amplifiers to stand the test of time, giving their owners as much pleasure now, as the day they were bought. To maintain this level of excellence, each Orange amplifier is put through many rigorous test procedures before leaving the factory.
This manual contains valuable technical and safety information. Please take the time to read this manual as the information may enhance the sound and performance of your amplifier. We are confident that you will be delighted with your new purchase and that it will provide you with many years of enjoyment. You are now a member of the Legendary British Guitar Amplifier Owners Club!
In the interests of product improvement, the contents of this manual may be subject to change without notice.
Important Safety Information
1) Read these instructions.
2) Keep these instructions.
3) Heed all warnings.
4) Follow all instructions.
5) Do not use this apparatus near water.
6) Clean only with dry cloth.
7) Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
8) Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9) Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarised or grounding-type plug. A polarised plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10) Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11) Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12) Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
13) Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
14) Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE INTERIOR OF THE PRODUCT. REFER ALL SERVICING TO AUTHORISED ORANGE SERVICE PERSONNEL
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol, within an equilateral triangle, is intended to alert the user to the presence of un-insulated ‘dangerous voltage’ within the product’s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
Terminals labelled as “Speaker Outputs” must be connected to a speaker cabinet of the designated load rating using an un-shielded two conductor cable for speaker use at all times during operation.
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle and "WARNING" are intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating instructions. Failure to heed the instructions will result in severe injury or death.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture. For indoor use only. Do not place liquids, or objects containing liquids on or near the apparatus
Models which use a mains cord/plug to connect to the mains electricity supply must be connected to a mains socket outlet with a protective earthing connection. The voltage selector switch and mains fuse are set at the factory for the country or region in which this Orange product is intended to be sold. To prevent serious damage to the product, ensure that the rated AC mains voltage indicated on the product's rear panel agrees with the mains voltage from your AC mains outlet before connecting the mains cord/plug.
If the product is to be used outside of the factory set region, ensure the voltage selector switch (found on the rear or side panel) is set to the correct voltage for the new country/region and that the appropriate mains fuse is fitted in the pull-out fuse tray below the IEC mains input.
The correct mains fuse rating for your product is printed on the chassis. Use only the same 250V type and rating as specified for the product. Different operating voltages may require the use of different types of line cord and attachment plugs. If you are unsure, contact your Orange Dealer.
This Orange product conforms to UL 60065:2001 (Seventh Edition) + A1:2005 + A2:2010 for Audio, Video and Similar Electronic Apparatus. Certified to CAN/CSA CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60065:03
This Orange product complies with the WEEE Directive (2002/96/EC) marking requirement. This affixed product label indicates that you must not discard this electrical/electronic product in domestic household waste. Please contact your local authority for details of your nearest approved recycling facility.
Before you turn it on..
Before Using Your Amplifier
The voltage selector switch and mains fuse is set at the factory for the country or region in which this Orange product is intended to be sold. To prevent serious damage to the product, ensure that the rated AC mains voltage indicated on the product’s rear panel agrees with the mains voltage from your AC mains inlet before connecting the IEC power cable.
If the product is to be used outside of the factory set region, please ensure the voltage selector switch found on the rear panel is set to the correct voltage for the new country/region and that the appropriate mains fuse is fitted in the pull-out fuse tray below the IEC mains input.
The correct mains fuse rating for the product is printed on the chassis (see ‘ Rear Panel Features’). Use only the same type and rating as specified for the product. Be advised that different operating voltages require the use of different types of line cord
and attachment plugs. If you are unsure, please contact your Orange Dealer.
BEFORE USING YOUR AMPLIFIER
Always ensure the amp’s volume control(s) are set to zero before switching on the power to amplifier.
To prevent hum and electrical noise operate your amplifier and instruments as far away from other electronic devices (especially fluorescent and neon lamps) as possible as these generate extremely high levels of electronic noise.
SPEAKER OUTPUT CONNECTIONS:
- Do not connect to a speaker load which is less than 8 Ohms in total!
- Always connect to a cabinet of an appropriate power rating/handling!
- Never use two cabinets of different/mismatched impedance!
- Only connect speakers using a quality dedicated speaker cable. Never use an instrument cable!
- Never connect headphones to the speaker outputs!
If you are unsure, please contact your Orange Dealer.
Only connect speaker cabinets in accordance with this manual. Failure to do so will cause damage to the amplifier and void any warranty:
The controls function the same on the SUPER CRUSH 100 COMBO and the SUPER CRUSH 100 HEAD.
They appear in the opposite order. This graphic below is of the SUPER CRUSH 100 HEAD.
The FOOTSWITCH, FX LOOP and D.I.OUT function the same on the SUPER CRUSH 100 COMBO and
the SUPER CRUSH 100 HEAD. However the speaker connections are different (see below).
SUPER CRUSH 100 COMBO
The SUPER CRUSH 100 COMBO has a built-in 12” Celestion 8Ω, 150 Watt, G12H Speaker.
FREE EXTENDED WARRANTY OFFER
Orange amplifiers are covered by our standard 1 year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase, covering manufacturing and component defects. This is non-transferable and is subject to consumer protection laws in the country of purchase and distributor’s terms and conditions. An additional year can be added by registering your product online. Valves and speakers supplied with an Orange amplifier or purchased separately at our online store are covered for 90 days from the date of purchase.
The warranty status of any Orange product is subject to its being used for its intended purpose in suitable conditions. As the manufacturer we reserve the right to refuse to warranty any Orange product which has been misused in any way whatsoever. Full terms and conditions can be viewed on our webpage here.
REGISTER RIGHT NOW AT
FUSES CAN FAIL AT ANY TIME!
Orange amps are protected from damage caused by inconsistent mains voltage by various fuses. We recommend that Orange users have a set of spare fuses.
For more information on maintenance and for accessories and spares, please click here: