Job Title: Product/Project Coordinator
Location: Orange HQ, Borehamwood, 108 Ripon Way, WD6 2JA, England
Line Manager: Managing Director
To apply e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to the Managing Director this is a pivotal role within the business. The successful candidate will work closely across the business to ensure the on-time, on-cost and on-specification delivery of new products.
This is a role that requires excellent communication skills as it interfaces with all departments within the business.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Senior Management team to maintain the new product roadmap.
- Create and agree clear product specifications for all new products.
- Create and execute a SMART project plan for each product.
- Work closely with the Technical team to:
- Understand the scope of technologies and products in development.
- Ensure that products meet all safety requirements.
- Maintain schematic and service information.
- Work closely with the Operations team to:
- Agree a deliverable solution.
- Ensure that accurate information is provided for manufacture.
- Manage any discontinuation of old product with the Sales team.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to:
- Develop a coherent launch plan.
- Provide key data for all communications.
- Work closely with Finance team to:
- Ensure pricing is in line with market expectations.
- Create a 12 month budget for new product development.
Based on the Orange Music Electronic Company Values we are looking for people to join the team who:
- Will be an Ambassador for the Company at all times.
- Have a proven track record of Delivering the Highest Standards.
- Have strong communication and influencing skills to develop Partnerships and Teamwork.
- Are constantly striving to Improve Performance for themselves, their team and the Company.
- Are proactive and solution focused and takes Ownership and Responsibility for their own and their team’s part in seeing everything through to the best possible conclusion.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Project management experience ideally within new product development.
- An understanding of manufacturing techniques for electro-mechanical products.
- A commercial approach to product development.
- Ability to work with UK and overseas manufacturing sites.
- A structured approach to delivering results but able to solve problems creatively when required.
- IT literate.
Preferred but Non-Essential Requirements
- Some knowledge of the AV or Music Instrument markets.
- Experience with a ERP system such as SAP.
- A passion for being the best.
- Professional communication skills externally and internally.
- Time management and good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage workloads in a timely manner.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously.
- Full, clean driving licence.