Warranty Terms & Conditions: UK & Rest of the World Customers
What is covered
Orange Music Electronic Company Limited (OMEC Ltd.) (We) warrants that Orange Products purchased through an Authorised Dealer will be free from defects in parts and workmanship for an initial period of 1 year (365 days) from the date of purchase. This initial 1 year Warranty applies to the original purchaser (You) and is non-transferable.
This Warranty shall be applicable when You present the Product along with the original sales receipt and/or proof of purchase to the Authorised Dealer from whom the Product was purchased.
What is not covered
- Damage caused by negligence, abuse, modification, improper use, incorrect voltages, incorrect polarity or the use of power supplies not recommended by OMEC Ltd.
- Damage caused by another product.
- Reasonable wear and tear.
- Damage caused during transportation of the Product.
- Damage caused by repair or service carried out by persons not authorised by OMEC Ltd.
- A Product with a serial number which has been defaced, removed etc.
- A Product which was not purchased from an Authorised Orange Dealer or Distributor.
- Items listed herein outside the Warranty Period (see Warranty Period).
This Warranty shall be effective from the date of purchase and cover the following Products and components for a period of:
- Amplifiers, preamplifiers, effects pedals – 1 year, extendable* to 2 years;
- Speaker enclosures (cabinets) – 1 year, extendable* to 2 years;
- Valves (vacuum tubes) and Speakers in Orange Products or supplied by OMEC Ltd. – 90 days.
*The Extended Warranty Period is only applicable if the correct Registration form is submitted prior to the expiry of the initial 1 year Warranty which begins on the date of purchase. It is Your responsibility to submit this information correctly and We shall not be liable nor do We accept any responsibility whatsoever for non-receipt of this information. For customers outside the UK, the details and availability of the Extended Warranty Period may vary. Subject to consumer protection laws in the country of purchase and our Authorised Distributor’s terms and conditions, an additional year may be added to the initial 1 year Warranty. Please consult the Authorised Distributor in your region/area for full Extended Warranty Period terms.
Free Extended Warranty Period
For Customers Outside the UK (excluding USA):
Subject to consumer protection laws in the country of purchase and our Authorised Distributor’s terms and conditions, an additional year may be added to the initial 1 year Warranty, in accordance with the stipulations indicated in the Warranty Period section above. Please consult the Authorised Distributor in your country/area for full Extended Warranty Period terms. The terms of the Warranty Service are unaffected. Where an Authorised Distributor offers an Extended Warranty Period, it shall only be applicable when You complete the correct Registration form, to be submitted prior to the expiry of the initial 1 year Warranty, which begins on the date of purchase.
OMEC Ltd. agrees to extend the initial 1 year Warranty Period by a further year at no charge, in accordance with the stipulations indicated in the Warranty Period section above, providing You complete and submit the correct Registration form prior to the expiry of the initial 1 year Warranty which begins at the date of purchase from an Authorised Orange Dealer. The terms of the Warranty Service are unaffected.
The Warranty Service
For Customers Outside the UK (excluding the USA):
The Warranty Terms & Conditions and Warranty Period apply. Please check with the Authorised Orange Distributor in your country or area, or the Authorised Orange Dealer from whom You purchased the product for specific details on the Warranty Service for your Product.
For UK Customers:
- The Warranty Service may include repairs or replacement of the Product in accordance with the terms set out herein.
- The Warranty Service is only applicable to Products purchased from an Authorised Orange Dealer in the UK.
- We will endeavour to repair the defective Product at no cost.
- If we are unable to repair the defective Product, we reserve the right to provide You with a replacement which may or may not be a reconditioned unit.
- In the event a repair or replacement has been made, we shall be entitled to take and keep possession of the defective Product which is deemed to be beyond repair during the Warranty Period.
- Providing the defective Product is covered by the terms of this Warranty, We shall be responsible for the cost of returning the Product to the Authorised Orange Dealer to whom it was returned.
What you need to do to obtain the Warranty Service
You must present the defective Product to the Authorised Orange Dealer from whom the Product was purchased, together with a copy of your original sales receipt or a proof of purchase. The terms of arrangement for returning the defective Product to the Authorised Orange Dealer are agreed between You and the Authorised Orange Dealer at the time of sale. For avoidance of doubt, consult the Authorised Orange Dealers’ warranty terms and conditions prior to making your purchase.
• Our liability for any defective Product, save for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, is limited to the Warranty Services which shall be provided to you at our sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, we reserve the right to refuse you provision of the Warranty Service if (a) you are unable to provide the original sales receipt or proof of purchase; and/or (b) we have reasons to believe that you have not directly purchased the Products from any of our authorised dealers.
• Notwithstanding the Warranty Services and the provisions set out herein, we shall not be liable for any claims or damages in contract or tort or otherwise for any loss (whether direct or indirect) of profit, business, revenue, anticipated savings, damage to any other equipment or other items at the site of use, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever.
• The terms under this Warranty do not affect your statutory rights in respect of your defective Products.
• This Warranty shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.