This is a legacy course. Please visit the learn area to see the latest version
About this course:
This is the Rock Guitar Beginner course which does away with the ‘Un-coolness’ of grades and serves as a world recognised bench mark for progress.
It takes you from a complete beginner to a guitarist who can play songs with a band. For UK customers this is a grade 3 level. It covers string names, scales, open chords, Power chords and all the theory that goes with it. You will learn to play open chord studies with backing tracks and power chord studies with backing tracks and develop your technical skills through scales and chromatic exercises. You will also learn basic sight reading skills and aural skills. If you wish to go the whole way and take your exam there is a huge choice of pieces to choose from.
What areas this course covers:
- String names on the guitar
- How to hold the guitar
- How to play open chords
- How to play open chords to a song
- How to play power chords
- How to play power chords to a song
- How to play scales
- How to alternate pick
- How to read associated theory
- How to read notes
- How to listen to a simple melody and chord progression and play it back
- How to play to a famous piece of music
- Once purchased you can either click on the link in your email or click on the user area tab under ‘Learn’ on the top right hand part of the page.