Orange Guitars Warranty Terms and Conditions
Orange guitars are guaranteed against defects in materials, components and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, subject to the conditions and limitations stated herein. Components include pickups, switches, jacks, controls and tuning machines. This Warranty shall be applicable when the original sales receipt or proof of purchase of the Product is presented together with the defective Product within the applicable Warranty period. This Warranty applies only to the original retail purchaser when purchased through an authorised Dealer of Orange Music Electronic Company Limited (OMEC Ltd), and is non-transferable. Initial standard setup and adjustment of the instrument and its components at the time of purchase are at the discretion of the Dealer and are not covered by this warranty.
The Warranty Service may include repairs or replacement of the Product in accordance with the terms set out herein.
• We will endeavour to repair the defective Product at no cost.
• If we are unable to repair the defective Product, We (OMEC Ltd.) reserve the right to provide You (the purchaser) with a replacement, which may or may not be a reconditioned unit.
• In the event a repair or replacement has been made, we shall be entitled to take and keep possession of the defective Product which is deemed to be beyond repair during the Warranty Period.
• Providing the defective Product is covered by the terms of this Warranty we shall be responsible for the cost of returning your unit to you.
All Warranty claims should be addressed to the Dealer from whom the product was purchased. Transportation and insurance costs are at the discretion of the Dealer and are agreed at the time of sale, as stated in the Dealer’s returns and warranty policy. OMEC disclaims liability for defects or damages caused by service performed by unauthorised persons and all non-warranty service not performed by Orange.
Our liability for any defective Product, save for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, is limited to the Warranty Services which shall be provided to You at Our sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, We reserve the right to refuse You provision of the Warranty Service if: (a) You are unable to provide the original sales receipt or proof of purchase; and/or (b) We have reasons to believe that You have not directly purchased the Products from any of our Authorised Dealers.
Notwithstanding the Warranty Services and the provisions set out herein, We shall not be liable for any claims or damages in contract or tort or otherwise for any loss (whether direct or indirect) of profit, business, revenue, anticipated savings, damage to any other equipment or other items at the site of use, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever.
The terms under this Warranty do not affect your statutory rights in respect of your defective Products.
The following items are not covered by this Warranty:
1. Wearing of fret wire, saddles, nut, strings or depletion of batteries (tuner).
2. Any action that can be considered ‘routine maintenance’, including, but not limited to: setup, intonation adjustment, fret dressing, nut filing, string changes, cleaning/conditioning etc.
3. Checking, chipping, marking, scratching, staining, ageing, discoloration and wear of lacquer finishes, including damage caused by guitar straps, guitar stands/hangers made from vinyl, plastic, rubber or other synthetic materials.
4. Damage to finishes or cracking, splitting or warping of wood caused by: changes in temperature and/or humidity, exposure to the sun, fire, liquid, body salts and acids of perspiration.
5. Damage and/or discolouration to finishes caused by improper or unsuitable cleaning routines and/or improper or unsuitable cleaning agents/solvents.
6. Corrosion, rusting or discolouration of any hardware/metal-plated components caused by humidity, liquid, salty air, improper storage or exposure to body salts and acids of perspiration.
7. Any damage resulting from customisation, modification and/or alteration of the original factory specifications.
8. Physical damage (either accidental or deliberate), aging, neglect, improper or lack of maintenance, abuse, mistreatment and excessive string tension.
9. Deterioration due to normal usage that may be considered ordinary ‘wear and tear’, including: fretboard marking/wear, wearing of jacks/sockets, controls, switches, plated surfaces, tuning machines and pickguards, wearing of zippers and casing (gigbag).
10. Any guitar upon which the serial number is missing, altered or tampered with in any way.
11. Any guitar not purchased through an Authorised Orange Dealer.